The Way of St. James BikeTour
The Coastal Way - "easy"
This cycling tour presents itself as an easy route to reach Santiago de Compostela, the ultimate pilgrimage beacon in the Iberian Peninsula and one of the most important spots for religious tourism in Western Europe.
Enjoy a city tour with us in Porto, to get to know a little bit of its architecture, heritage and local traditions. After this, ride towards Santiago, passing by sunny and seaside areas such as Esposende, Caminha and Bayona. Have a delight with the famous Arcade's oysters. Know why Caldas de Reis holds such a royalty importance and end this tour in the Square of Obradoiro, where you can see the colossal baroque cathedral where the remains of the apostle Santiago lies.
- Flat for the first 3 days, with a few smooth and short climbs. Hilly in the last 3 days, up and down in secondary roads.
- 30 % bike lanes and wood walkways, 30% smooth dirt roads. Some coubblestone roads and rough dirt roads, 20 % paved secondary roads with low traffic.
- 4121 meters of cumulative gap climbs
Day 1: Reception at Porto
Day 2: Porto – Esposende (60 km)
Day 3: Esposende – Caminha (50 km)
Day 4: Caminha – Baiona (40 km)
Day 5: Baiona – Pontevedra (64 km)
Day 6: Pontevedra – Caldas dos Reis (26 km)
Day 7: Caldas dos Reis – Santiago de Compostela (40 km)
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same room;
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Electric bicycles price: 175€
- Suplement for single room: 329 €
- Solo traveler: 200 €
- Extra nights: on request