Silver Coast Atlantic Bike tour- West Coast and Sintra
Discover the wealth of land and sea on the famous Portuguese Atlantic coast
This cycling tour is an immersive and amazing route, that goes along the coast and where you‘re going to find some of the most important villages in Portugal. Here you will have a "mix" of beaches and pine forests, creating different sensations during the trip.
Exploring the trails and its main highlights will give you a sense of fulfillment.
Try the best dishes in the traditional Portuguese fishing arts, accompanied with green wine and amazing local deserts.
Monuments, like the "Castelo da Pena" and the "Castelo de Óbidos" will bring you back centuries into the medieval times. This will surely enrich your trip and give you the desire to come back and know more about Portugal!
- Mostly flat. Some short and steep climbs.
- 30 % bicycle lanes, 30 % secondary paved roads with low traffic and 10% dirt roads near the ocean.
Day 1: Figueira da Foz
Day 2: Figueira da Foz – São Pedro de Moel (65 KM) – Pedrógão e Praia da Vieira
Day 3: São Pedro de Moel – Nazaré (29 Km) – praia do norte- giant waves!
Day 4: Nazaré – Óbidos (47 Km) – São Martinho do Porto
Day 5: Óbidos – Peniche (35 Km) – Óbidos lagoon
Day 6: Peniche – Ericeira (68 Km) – Santa Cruz beach
Day 7: Ericeira – Sintra (27 Km)
Day 8: Sintra – Cascais (40 Km) – natural park Sintra- Cascais
Day 9: Departure
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same room;
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Beverages are not included at lunch and dinner when included in the package
- If in a triple room with parents Children up to 10 years old - 35% discount. Children from 11 to 14 years old - 20% discount. Children from 15 to 17 years old - 15% discount.
- Electric bicycles price: 200€
- Supplement for single room: 450 €
- Solo traveler: 250 €
- Extra nights: on request
What People Are Saying
Our group of 4 just finished the Silver Route -2 trip, self-guided. It was amazing! Sérgio was terrific in all aspects. He helped us put together a program that had us cycling through the countryside, up and down mountains, and enjoying the coastline for 9 days. This is highly recommended, but make sure you have some fitness, as there are some good climbs!