Bike tours Portugal | Cycling Holidays
Santiago de Compostela Biketour - More than a pilgrimage and Christian site
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU READ ALL GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE CYCLING TOUR YOU WISH TO PARTAKE IN BEFORE BOOKING IT. FOR ANY FURTHER QUESTION DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US
In our tours we provide special attention to the welfare of the customer. Therefore, guided tours have the appropriate pace to allow you to enjoy the scenery and the way of life of the Portuguese.
Everyday ride ends in the afternoon, in order for you to have a relaxation period, before the next gastronomic experience, where you can taste regional flavors. We always aim at providing an exceptional adventure with a little extra spice.
Our Bike tours in Portugal:
- Self Guided Tour
- Guided Tours
- Guided Tour Plus
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT CYCLING HOLIDAYS (IMPORTANT)
Self-Guided Tour: Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Porto's or Lisbon city center is guaranteed. All hotels are booked by us, so all you need to do is the check-in once you get to each hotel. The bike tour is made with the aid of a GPS and your luggage is transferred every morning to the next hotel, meaning that you only take with you what you find necessary. Although not compulsory, it makes for an easier ride if you know the basic mechanics of a bicycle. Transfer from the destination back to Porto or Lisbon is also guaranteed.
Guided Tours: Transfer from the airport to the hotel in Porto's or Lisbon city center is guaranteed. The bike tour is made with the aid of a guide and a support van. They will be in charge of making sure that everything goes as smooth as possible. The guide and the support van will provide for everything you need, as well as water and snacks, mechanical assistance and the transport for an eventual dropout. Lunches and dinners are organized by the guides for the group. Transfer from the destination back to Porto or Lisbon is also guaranteed.
Guided Tour plus Includes everything described in the last paragraph of Guided tours, plus daily lunches and dinners of typical dishes of the Portuguese regions.
RECOMMENDATIONS We strongly recommend the use of a pair of gloves, sunglasses with UV protection and cycling clothing, including shorts or pants with pad, both in lycra jersey and also a waterproof wind cuts. The shoes should have stiff sole for cycling comfortably, preferably specific to mountain biking.
- Easy: Mostly flat terrain with daily distances up to 50 km. Inexperient level.
- Easy to moderate: Mostly flat terrain with daily distances between 50 km and 75 km. Short climbs up to 30% of the whole route. For inexperient cyclist with some fitness preparation.
- Moderate: Terrain can be in dirt roads or trails. Mostly flat with daily distances between 50km and 75km with some climbs up to 40% of the whole route. For cyclist with fitness preparation.
- Moderate to hard: Terrain can be in dirt roads or trails. Daily distances between 50km and 75km with moderate climbs up to 60% of the whole route. For cyclist with fitness preparation that want to challenge themselves.
- Hard: Terrain can be in dirt roads or trails. Daily distances between 50km and 100km with strong climbs up to 60% of the whole route. For experienced cyclists.
- With electric bicycles all the route classifications have to be adapted and will be mostly easy for the majority of the cyclists.
NOTES: Cycling Holidays with guide available in the following languages: Portugues, Spanish and English. Fold N'Visit - Rent a Bike, Unipessoal Lda is iregistered in Tourism of Portugal with RNAAT number 7/2014.
The liability insurance and personal accidents insurance are included only in guided Bike tours.