Santiago de Compostela BikeTour
More than a pilgrimage and Christian site
Santiago de Compostela, in Northwest Spain, province of Corunha, is internationally known as one of the main destinations for Christian pilgrimage. The typical markets are an excellent location to explore delicious Galician products and traditional arts.
During your bicycle tour you will discover ancient medieval roads and paths, formerly used during the Portuguese pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. This path was walked by kings and queens and is nowadays considered one of UNESCO's World Heritage cultural and historical routes.
- On this route all kind of terrains are to be expected. Route with long and difficult climbs.
- 4435 meters with cumulated ascents
Day 1: Porto – reception
Day 2: Porto – Barcelos (49 km)
Day 3: Barcelos – Ponte de Lima (31 km)
Day 4: Ponte de Lima – Valença (38 km)
Day 5: Valença – Pontevedra (53 km)
Day 6: Pontevedra – Padrón (43 km)
Day 7: Padrón – Santiago de Compostela (28 km)
Day 8: Transfer train to Porto
egin the journey from Porto’s Cathedral to Obradoiro square and ride through the municipality of Vila do Conde. From there we will travel to Barcelos, territory linked to the legend of the famous rooster, through lined forest trails. Your accommodation in Barcelos will be expecting you.
onte de Lima, land of rural houses and old bridges. The land is well known for being one of the oldest villages in Portugal, whose history is imbued with its heritage, environment and tradition. Nevertheless, it is also recognized for being a place of passage and pilgrimage to Santiago Compostela, current concentration of religious tourism.
Crossing Labruja, and watching the famous Dead Man’s Cross, you will be following a green pathway to Minho. Between Portugal and Galicia, Valença contains good road and rail access. Ports and airports are less than an hour away, located in major cities such as Porto, Braga and Vigo. Valença is a historical city and a symbol of cross border relations between Portugal and Spain. Today it is a multicultural space where the imposing Square Fort is one of the largest and best preserved military structures of Europe.
Combining urban and pedestrian environments, Pontevedra's squares are lined with buildings of classical and popular architecture guild names, acting as one of the most beautiful and best preserved historic areas of Galicia. In recent times it became a pedestrian city for long walks. Relax in the green parks and enjoy a lid, a coffee or a drink at any of its terraces. We will also cross Arcade, land of the delicious oysters.
The mid point of this day will be the pre-Roman city, Caldas de Reis, a province which belongs to Pontevedra. Padrón, the day's destination, is a region that belongs to the province of Coruña. This cozy village leads to Santiago, where, according to tradition, the Apostle Santiago preached in life, and where he returned again, after his martyrdom, on a stone ship that docked at "Pedrón" – a stone, hence the origin of the name, kept under the altar of the church of Santiago.
You will be met by Santiago de Compostela as your final destination, one of the ultimate pilgrimage cores in Western Europe. Like Rome and Jerusalem, the city of Santiago de Compostela presents us an unique religious beacon for tourists who find in this cycling journey an act of faith and inner-self. Reach the Square of Obradoiro, where you will witness the majestic baroque cathedral where the remains of the apostle are located.
Transfer back to porto
- LS - Low season: Nov 01 to Mar 25
- RS - Regular season: Mar 26 to 25 Jun and Set 26 to 31 Oct
- HS - High Season: Set 01 to 25 Set
- SS - Summer Season: Jun 26 to August 30
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same standard room;
- Sea view (when available) or premium rooms, price on request
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Beverages are not included at lunch and dinner when included in the package
- If in a triple room with parents Children up to 10 years old - 35% discount. Children from 11 to 14 years old - 20% discount. Children from 15 to 17 years old - 15% discount.
- Electric bicycles price: 240€
- Supplement for single room: LS: 390€, RS: 420€, HS: 450€, SS.480€
- Solo traveler: 200 €
- Extra nights: on request
- Private group price on request