Douro Wine Tour
"Easy" level tour
This cycling tour can be made for the entirety of the year. We recommend doing it between the months of September and October, especially during the wine production season.
A cycling tour that combines the hospitality of wine making farms, with bike rides through the well known vineyards and olive fields of The Douro Valley. With a resting day, in order to visit the Paleolithic open-air paintings and its museum in Vila Nova de Foz Côa. If good wine, amazing sights and calm and relaxing cycling areas his what you are looking for, then you must take this journey along the incredible Douro region, considered natural heritage by UNESCO.
- Mostly steep. Up and down route.
- 100 % paved roads with very low traffic.
- 1895 meters of cumulative ascents.
Day 1: Porto – Pinhão (110 km, train transfer)
Day 2: Pinhão – Tabuaço (15 km)
Day 3: Tabuaço – Penedono (36 km)
Day 4: Penedono - Loop (40 Km)
Day 5: Penedono – Marialva (30 km)
Day 6: Marialva – Vila Nova de Foz Côa (22 km)
Day 7: Departure
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same room;
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Beverages are not included at lunch and dinner when included in the package
- Electric bicycles price: 175€
- Supplement for single room: 385 €
- Solo traveler: 280 €
- Extra nights: on request