Alentejo Wine country and Castles
Exploring an untouched region full of history, vineyards and much more
The start of Alentejo cycling tour is in Estremoz, the city of marble. Mainly in paved and quite roads, the scenery of this cycling holiday will take you to the ancient times. Abandoned and occupied Castles, Monastery’s, old churches are very characteristic of every place you will visit in the district of Évora, also known one of Portugal’s hottest region. The Alentejo Wine is very known by the portuguese people and very appreciated. The experience will also take you thru nature where you can see cork and olive oil trees. Évora is a UNESCO World Heritage site. Don´t miss the most important cromlech in Europe with over 5000 years of history. Explore the city of Évora, still enclosed by medieval walls and many monuments dating from various historical periods, including a Roman Temple.
- Mostly rolling hills in safe backroads
- 85 % of the route is in paved roads and 15 % is in unpaved and smooth paths.
- If you rent a road bicycle the route will be 100% in paved roads.
- 1790 meters of cumulative gap climbs
Day 1: Reception in Lisbon
Day 2: Estremoz Loop – Sousel – Estremoz : 46 km
Day 3: Estremoz -Vila Viçosa :35 km
Day 4: Vila Viçosa – Monsaraz: 55 km
Day 5: Monsaraz – Évora: 61 km
Day 6: Évora Loop – Arraiolos - Évora: 47 km
Day 7: Évora Loop: 36 Km, 44 km or 55 km
Day 8: Departure
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same room;
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Beverages are not included at lunch and dinner when included in the package
- If in a triple room with parents Children up to 10 years old - 35% discount. Children from 11 to 14 years old - 20% discount. Children from 15 to 17 years old - 15% discount.
- Electric bicycles price: 175€
- Supplement for single room: 400€
- Extra nights: on request
- Private group price on request