Douro Valley Wine bicycle Tour
A demarcated and classified wine region
The Douro valley is one of the ultimate wonders of nature. It is the culmination of the effort and energy of men and women, who through their labour gave shape to an already astonishing landscape. Travelling Douro is enjoying its convents and churches, meeting its rustic crafts, tasting the genuine cuisine and witnessing the Portuguese folklore traditions.
Port Wine is undoubtedly the most famous product of this region. Douro comes to life during the summer and beginning of Autumn, with the several holidays and wine celebrations that happen at this time of the year. The harvest of the grapes is most likely the biggest and liveliest event of this region.
- Mostly steep. Up and down route.
- 100 % paved roads with very low traffic.
- 4435 meters of cumulative ascents.
Day1: Porto – Pinhão (110 km, transfer de comboio)
Day 2: Pinhão – Vila Nova de Foz Côa (74 km)
Day 3: Vila Nova de Foz Côa – Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo (42 km)
Day 4: Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo – Marialva (60 km)
Day 5: Marialva – Penedono (27 km)
Day 6: Penedono loop (40 km)
Day 7: Penedono – Régua (52 km)
Day 8: Transfer by train to Porto
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same room;
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Beverages are not included at lunch and dinner when included in the package
- Electric bicycles price: 175€
- Supplement for single room: 385 €
- Solo traveler: 280 €
- Extra nights: on request