Trás-os-Montes & Douro international
For those who enjoy the marvels of nature and would like to venture further
Trás-os-Montes and Alto Douro is a huge Portuguese province, belonging to Vila Real and Bragança.
This area is considered by many as an authentic greenside paradise in the deep valleys of the region, where you will find beautiful vineyards at the heart of the Port and Douro wines.
The territory boosts breathtaking landscapes of natural beauty, revealing not only a land rich in vineyards, but also in cereals, vegetables and fruits, combining in a typical gastronomy, awarded the title of World Heritage.
- Mostly steep. Up and down route.
- 100 % paved roads with very low traffic.
- 6392 meters of cumulative gap climbs
Day 1: Porto – Pinhão (110 km, train transfer)
Day 2: Pinhão – Mirandela (79 km)
Day 3: Mirandela – Bragança (71 km)
Day 4: Bragança – Miranda do Douro (87 km)
Day 5: Miranda do Douro – Alfândega da Fé (98 km)
Day 6: Alfândega da Fé – Tua (74 km)
Day 7: Train transfer to Porto
Cross Murça, land of ancient legends, wine and olive oil. You must experiment the liqueur wine “Favaios”. In Mirandela, you can visit the city, as well as enjoy the famous sausages, the “Terrincho” cheese and the delicious honey.
This day will be somewhat of a physical challenge, due to the cumulative uphill. Halfway through the day, right after Macedo de Cavaleiros, you will find paradise right nearby the delta of the Azibo. Bragança is the region's capital and gateway to one of the oldest national parks in Portugal, the Montesinho.
Cycle to Miranda do Douro, by crossing the Maças River and then pass nearby Vimioso. After this, you will be in the International Douro's landscape. Finally reach to Miranda do Douro. Check out the famous “Mirandesa” steak served by the genuine Northern locals. Here you will find people who speak a strange language, “mirandês”, linked to the Iberian Peninsula's History.
Keep riding to reach to Alfândega da Fé. During the day, you will feel a little the accumulated climbs. You can visit the astonishing Natural Park of Douro and cross the Sabor River.
This day begins with a small descent into the Valley of Vilariça. Then you will go up to the village of Seixo de Manhoses and go down to the Douro River. The cycling path will follow waterfront of the Tua River, ending in its delta.
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same standard room;
- Sea view (when available) or premium rooms, price on request;
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Beverages are not included at lunch and dinner when included in the package
- If in a triple room with parents Children up to 10 years old - 35% discount. Children from 11 to 14 years old - 20% discount. Children from 15 to 17 years old - 15% discount.
- Electric bicycles price: 240€
- Supplement for single room: 385 €
- Solo traveler: 200 €
- Extra nights: on request
- Private group price on request