Vicentine Cost and Algarve Bike Tour
From Lisbon or Sines to the south of Portugal through the coastline
An amazing biketour through one of Europe's best preserved regions. The southeast Alentejano Natural Park includes wild beaches surrounded by imposing cliffs, small mountain ranges, cork oak groves, traditional fishing villages, typical villages, spectacular views and important geographical points, such as Cape Sardão, the Cape of São Vicente, from where the caravels left for seas never before navigated, and Ponta de Sagres.
January to June or October to December is our recomendation for you to do this bike tour. It can get quite hot during the summer season, and that is something you should be aware of, if you decide to cycle in July, August or September.
Average temperatures in the Algarve, south of Portugal, are usually around 17ºC, and the weather is always sunny or partially sunny, as it is rare for it to rain in the southern regions, even during the winter.
- Mostly flat. Some short and steep climbs, especially in the last day.
- 40 % secondary paved roads with low traffic, 40% dirt roads near the ocean and agricultural farms.
- 3628 meters ascent and 3637 meters descent
Day 1 – Lisbon
Day 2 - Lisboa – Troia (65 km)
Day 3 - Troia - Vila Nova de Santo André (66 Km)
Day 4 – Vila Nova de Santo André – Vila Nova de Mil Fontes (55 km)
Day 5 – VNMF – Zambujeira do Mar (35 km)
Day 6 – Zambujeira do Mar – Aljezur (45 km)
Day 7 – Aljezur – Carrapateira (30 km)
Day 8 - Carrapateira – Sagres (37 km)
Day 9 - Sagres – Lagos (45 km)
Day 10 - Departure
KM: 227 km, Elevation: 2528 meters ascent and 2538 meters descent
Day 1 – Lisbon Reception
Day 2 – Sines - Vila Nova de Mil Fontes (35 km)
Day 3 – Vila Nova de Mil Fontes – Zambujeira do Mar (35 km)
Day 4 – Zambujeira do Mar – Aljezur (45 km)
Day 5 – Aljezur – Carrapateira (30 km)
Day 6 - Carrapateira – Sagres (37 km)
Day 7 - Sagres – Lagos (45 km)
Day 8 - Departure
- LS - Low season: Nov 01 to Mar 25
- RS - Regular season: Mar 26 to 25 Jun and Set 26 to 31 Oct
- HS - High Season: Set 01 to 25 Set
- SS - Summer Season: Jun 26 to August 30
- Prices are based for 2 people sharing the same room;
- Prices can suffer updates due high season, holidays or weekends
- Beverages are not included at lunch and dinner when included in the package
- If in a triple room with parents Children up to 10 years old - 35% discount. Children from 11 to 14 years old - 20% discount. Children from 15 to 17 years old - 15% discount.
- In the option 7 nights/ 8 days, 6 light lunches are included in all packages, and 6 dinners are included only in the Guided Hiking tour Plus package
- Electric bicycles price: 200€
- Supplement for single room : LS: 450€, RS: 490€, HS: 530€, SS:570€
- Supplement for single room reduced option: LS: 300€, RS: 329€, HS: 360€, SS:390€
- Solo traveler: 290 €
- Solo traveler reduced option: 200 €
- Extra nights: on request
What People Are Saying
Southern Atlantic coast and Algarve, Portugal
Four intrepid bikers completed the 8 day tour just ahead of covid-19 March 20, 2020. Lisbon and the coastal bike route were grand, as described. Maps could have been better quality. Two GPS supplied with route loaded, finding the correct route in towns and leaving villages was a challenge. Lodgings and restaurants very nice, some staying open when we were the only guests. Sergio, Enrique and Diego, and Tripsite were extremely helpful daily! Thanks. We are home now, finished with the virus quarantine, well and ready to create a photo log of the trip. Hope to return to see the northern coast soon.